EDD16 Closing Panel-
• Security is essential for development and vice versa.
• Businesses have to be around the development table, not just governments and civil society.
• Countries need to take ownership and find their own path to meeting goals.
• Women and youth have to be the focus.
• International cooperation to limit tax evasion is needed to boost revenues.
• Using funds for risk sharing is essential to bring in European investment.
Winnie ByanyimaExecutive DirectorOxfam International
Hailemariam Desalegn BoshePrime MinisterEthiopia
Neven MimicaEU Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development
Alaa MurabitThe Voice of Lybian WomenUn Sustainable Development Goals Global Advocate
Faustin-Archange TouadéraPresidentCentral African Republic