OECD Ministerial Meeting 2016
The digital economy permeates the world economy. Information is flowing within and across borders with unprecedented pace and volume with significant impact on innovation, trade, global value chains and society as a whole. Few aspects of our lives remain untouched by digitalisation.
Meeting these challenges requires collaboration amongst all stakeholders – citizens, firms and governments - to develop new, economy wide approaches to digital economy policy development. On 21-23 June 2016, Ministers and stakeholders will gather at the Moon Palace Hotel in Cancún, Mexico, for an OECD Ministerial Meeting on the Digital Economy: Innovation, Growth and Social Prosperity, to move the digital agenda forward in four key policy areas foundational to the growth of the digital economy. Internet openness is high on policy agendas;digital trust needs to be strengthened; global connectivity is reaching an unprecedented scale, while jobs and skills are being radically transformed.
· Mr. Angel Gurría, Secretary-General, OECD - @A_Gurria
· Mr. Ildefonso Guajardo Villarreal, Ministerial Chair, Minister of Economy, Mexico - @ildefonsogv
Intro Remarks - Mr. Gerardo Ruiz Esparza, Minister of Communications and Transports, Mexico to introduce:
· Ms. Penny Pritzker, Secretary of Commerce, United States - @PennyPritzker
· Mr. Andrus Ansip, Vice-President for the Digital Single Market, European Commission - @Ansip_EU
Chief Executive Officer Armchair Discussion moderated by Ambassador Daniel Sepulveda, United States Coordinator, International Communications & Information Policy, Department of State, United States & Mr. Jeff Campbell, Vice-President Government Affairs Cisco
· Mr. Edurado Caride, Chairman, Telefónica Hispam
· Mr. Young Sohn, President, Samsung Electronics Ltd.
· Ms. Blanca Treviño, Chief Executive Officer, Softtek
· Mr. Rafael Funes, Executive Chairman, LOVIS - @RafaFunes
· Mr. Rudiantara, Minister of Communication and Information Technology, Indonesia - @rudiantara_id
· Mr. Houlin Zhao, Secretary General, International Telecommunications Union (ITU) - @itusecgen
· Ms. Alicia Barcena Ibarra, Executive Secretary, Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) - @aliciabarcena OECD Stakeholders' Armchair Discussion moderated by Mr. Angel Gurría, Secretary-General, OECD:
· Mr. Bernhard Welschke, Secretary-General, Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC)- @BIACOECD
For more info: http://www.oecd.org/internet/ministerial/cancun-ministerial-agenda.pdf