Our Plastic Future: Can the Oceans Survive?
The future of our oceans is in jeopardy. Economic development and the subsequent expanding use of plastic constitutes a major threat to the biodiversity of the ocean, the future of cities at low elevations, and the safety and security of millions of people around the globe. This discussion is an urgent conversation about the impact of marine plastic pollution, the current work addressing the issue, and possible avenues of solution.
On this occasion, we are delighted to have with us the following panelists:
- Kei Ohno Woodall, Secretariat of the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions
- Joao Sousa, Senior Program Officer, Marine Plastics, IUCN
- Eirik Lindebjerg, Global Plastics Policy Manager, WWF
- Ambassador A.L.A. Azeez, Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka to UNO in Geneva
- Moderator, Diana Rizzolio, United Nations, Geneva Environment Network
This event is organised by Sustainability Week Switzerland, with the support of CIES, the Environmental Committee, GISA, les Etudiant-e-s pour le Développement Durable and the Graduate Institute.